Here at Adventures Await, our over-riding aim is “To encourage adventurous activity in adults and children to whom there are barriers preventing them the opportunity”.
As such we are set up as a social enterprise – a company limited by guarantee – registered here with Companies House.
We plough any profits back into our company to further our work:
- To undertake to provide access to a variety of adventurous activity for children and adults targeting those for whom there is a social, physical or economic barrier preventing their participation
- To work with Rock Over Climbing and Mucky Knees Adventures and other providers when appropriate, to deliver adventurous activity.
- To be a social enterprise, a “not-for-private-profit” organisation and to reinvest any surplus monies back into the company as the directors see fit
- To promote, operate, co-ordinate, monitor, and/or support other projects and programmes which further the objects of the company.
- To provide information, advisory, support and/or consultancy services which further the objects of the company
- To liaise with local authorities, central government authorities and agencies, charities/community benefit bodies and others, all with a view to furthering the objects of the company.
- To carry on any other activities which further any of the above objects
- To promote companies whose activities may further one or more of the above objects, or may generate income to support the activities of the company, acquire and hold shares in such companies and carry out, in relation to any such company which is a subsidiary of the company, all such functions as may be associated with a holding company
- To acquire and take over the whole or any part of the undertaking and liabilities of any body holding property or rights which are suitable for the company’s activities
- To purchase, take on lease, hire, or otherwise acquire, any property or rights which are suitable for the company’s activities
- To improve, manage, develop, or otherwise deal with, all or any part of the property and rights of the company.
- To sell, let, hire out, license, or otherwise dispose of, all or any part of the property and rights of the company
- To lend money and give credit (with or without security) and to grant guarantees and issue indemnities
- To borrow money, and to give security in support of any such borrowings by the company, in support of any obligations undertaken by the company or in support of any guarantee issued by the company
- To employ such staff as are considered appropriate for the proper conduct of the company’s activities, and to make reasonable provision for the payment of pension and/or other benefits for members of staff, ex-members of staff and their dependants
- To engage such consultants and advisers as are considered appropriate from time to time
- To effect insurance of all kinds
- To invest any funds which are not immediately required for the company’s activities in such investments as may be considered appropriate (and to dispose of, and vary, such investments)
- To establish and/or support any other charity, and to make donations for any charitable purpose falling within the company’s objects
- To take such steps as may be deemed appropriate for the purpose of raising funds for the company’s activities
- To accept grants, donations and legacies of all kinds (and to accept any reasonable conditions attaching to them)
- To oppose, or object to, any application or proceedings which may prejudice the company’s interests
- To enter into any arrangement with any organisation, government or authority which may be advantageous for the purposes of the activities of the company, and to enter into any arrangement for co-operation or mutual assistance with any charity
- To do anything which may be incidental or conducive to the furtherance of any of the company’s objects.